Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Favorite Summer Side Dish!

Ok people I know it has been awhile since I have posted, both of our laptops are down at my house and typing a full blog and recipe on a Blackberry just isn't going to happen. There have been a few changes since I have last blogged, the biggest one I am pregnant! I am looking forwarded to blogging about my different food cravings or food hatings through out the next nine months! So far everything is pretty much the same, although I did make a baked pasta dish with ground turkey last night that I couldn't even smell. So maybe ground Turkey is out of the question for awhile.

A few nights ago I made this amazing side dish and couldn't go with out sharing it! So here it is:

Orzo Summer Side Dish

1/2 box of orzo pasta (cooked and drained)
1 yellow bell pepper chopped
3/4 of a box grape tomatoes halfed
1 package of little mozzarella balls
3-4 fresh basil leaves chopped
2 lemons
3-4 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper

Recipe:

Very simple combine all of the ingredients. Zest one of the lemons and add the juice of both lemons. Add olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Toss and keep cold untill ready to serve!!

No comments:

Post a Comment