Thursday, June 30, 2011

What to do with chuck steak???

Here is a great recipe for a cheaper cut of meat. So delicious. We are having this tonight with sauteed bell peppers and onions for a version of fajita/tacos! Also great on top of a salad.


1 Boneless Chuck Steak
Olive oil
Salt and Pepper
Garlic Salt
Red Pepper Flakes
1/2 an onion chopped
4 garlic cloves smashed
1 can of green chiles
1 can of fire roasted tomatoes
1 can of beer (or beef broth)

In a large pot put in enough olive oil to cover the bottom. Seat heat to med/high. Season the chuck steak with salt, pepper, garlic salt, and red pepper flakes on both sides. Sear the steak for about a min on each side and turn the heat down to low. Add in the onions, green chiles, garlic, tomatoes, and then poor the beer over the top. Simmer on low for 3-4 hours. Shred up or cut up for tacos, fajitas, or burriots.


You can also do this in the crock pot on low all day. I broke the lid to the crock pot so I have been experimenting with different ways to cook low and slow!

Enjoy Untill Next time!



So I wanted to add what else I made to go with this meal. I made a spanish rice, what I did was took the liquids and some of the tomatoes and green chiles out of the meat pot and made the rice with that which was amazing! I also sauteed some bell peppers and onions up to add into our flour tortillas.

No comments:

Post a Comment