Monday, July 11, 2011

Left Over Mexican Chicken Casserole

I am always looking for new ways to use left overs. One of my recent goals was to use up leftovers in new dishes, since for some reason we don't like to eat left overs. So far I have been doing pretty good.
After a great bbq with friends and family on Friday we had some left over grilled chicken to us up that I didnt want to waste. I searched through my cabinets and came up with this casserole that turned out really yummy!!

Left Over Mexican Chicken Casserole

Ingredients

1/2 yellow onion diced
1 small green bell pepper chopped
1 jalapeno chopped
2 cooked chicken breasts diced up
2 cups cooked rice (it was one cup uncooked)
1/2 bag frozen corn
1 can of chilli beans (or any beans in your pantry)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 bar of cream cheese
1 packet taco seasoning
1 bag shredded cheese
Olive oil

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350. Over med heat sweat down the onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno in olive oil. Once that is done in a big bowl combine all of the ingredients, except the shredded cheese. Pour the mixture into a baking dish and top with the cheese. Bake for about 30-40 min, or untill cheese is bubbley and enjoy.


I topped mine with a little bit of sour cream! It was a super yummy dish I will be making again.

No comments:

Post a Comment