Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole

There is probably about a million different ways to make this casserole. I can think of 5 different ways just off the top of my head. The love for chicken broccoli casserole started back when I was a kid, my mom would make this all of the time for dinner. There was always nothing left of this casserole when my mom made it for dinner and if there was it didn't make it past the second day. Since I started cooking a few years ago one of my favorite things to do is to take the recipe and put a different spin on it, or add different ingredients. My mom's famouse chicken broccoli casserole did not have rice in it, but ever since I started making it I add rice or pasta it just makes it that much better.

Not even thinking about dinner while I was working today I started to smell the aroma of melting butter and it kept getting stronger and stronger. I had to pull myself away from the computer to see what was cooking and there it was, what I call Butter Chicken. Basically baking a chicken in a pan of butter with butter rubbed all over the chicken, oh so good! My mom was making this chicken for her weekend out at the Nascar races, but since the chicken wasn't cooked before they left she told me I could take it. From that moment on I had casseroles running through my head, what was I going to do with this butter chicken?

Finally finshed working, cut up the chicken, and came home just to catch the end of the Rachael Ray Show . Still all I could think about was chicken casseroles. After looking in the pantry I came up with a recipe, now this isn't a hard recipe or a gourmet recipe but it was yummy here it is:

Ingredients:
1 lb shredded chicken (I used the butter chicken)
1 box chicken flavored rice cooked
1 can cream of celery
1 bag frozen broccoli
1/2 a can of chicken stock
1 bag shredded cheese

Preheat oven to 375. Combine chicken, rice, cream of celery, and frozen broccoli and place in an 8x8 baking  sheet. Pour over the chicken stock and top with the cheese. Bake for about 30-40 minutes untill the cheese is bubbly and then enjoy!

What I love about this recipe is switching out the "cream of soup" you could use chicken, mushroom, or potaote!

What is your favorite chicken casserole???

No comments:

Post a Comment