Thursday, April 15, 2010

Quick and Simple!

I wasn't planning on grocery shopping till after the wedding, well that is what I told myself. Instead today I found myself at Albertson's hungry and buying way too much food. My mom had been there yesterday and told me about the meat that was on sale, which is probably why I ended up going but instead of buying just meat I bought out the whole store! Trying to decide what kind of meat to make for dinner, I thought I was craving seafood, that is untill I got to the pork and saw the boneless pork ribs! I think I was drooling in the store so boneless pork ribs it was. Along with the pork ribs I had grabbed some asparagus and then I saw it more pork, prosciutto that is! Before I was home I had figured out dinner!

Quick and easy Boneless Pork Ribs

Ingredients:
5 boneless pork ribs (more depending on how many people you are serving)
Steak Seasoning
Extra Virigin Olive Oil
1/2 yellow onion roughly chopped
1 bottle of beer
1 bottle of your favorite bbq sauce

Season the ribs on both sides with the steak seasoning. Coat the bottom of the crock pot with the olive oil and place ribs in also. Add in the onions, beer and then top off with the bbq sauce. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4. If you have a temperture gauge on your crock pot you can do 2 hours at about 375 to 400, the longer you can cook the better.

Simple Side: Prosciutto wrapped Asparagus

Ingredients:
1 bunch of asparagus
1 package of prosciutto
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and Pepper

Preheat oven to 375.

Wrap 3 to 4 asparagus with 1-2 slices of prosciutto and place on baking sheet. After all the asparagus is wrapped drizzle with a little olive oil and salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes and enjoy!


What are your favorite quick and simple recipes??

No comments:

Post a Comment