Thursday, April 1, 2010

Potatoe Enchilada Bake!

Finally today I was able to go to a spin class at the gym. It was amazing I probably burned about 600 calories, so in my head I thought I could eat anything today. After eating a healthy breakfast and lunch, all I could think about for dinner is enchiladas!! Well I had already defrosted ground chicken and I had green enchilada sauce in the cabinet but did not have any tortillas. So after thinking about what I could make that would taste something like enchiladas I figured it out, I had potatoes and I could make a casserole with the enchilada sauce and ground chicken! Not to mention I started unpacking all of my presents from my bridal shower and I really wanted to use my new pots and pans. Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
5 potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
1 shallot minced
4 garlic cloves peeled and grated
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 lb ground chicken
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
3-4 sweet peppers (mine were small and different colors yellow, orange, red)
1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles
1 big can green enchilada sauce
4 cups shredded cheese  (I used a mexican mixed cheese)


Preheat oven to 375. 
Keep the sliced potatoes in water so they do not turn pink. In a skillet over medium heat add the extra virgin olive oil, shallots, and garlic. Sautee the shallots and garlic untill they are translucent and then add the ground chicken to the skillet. Add the red pepper flakes and diced up sweet peppers. Cook untill chicken is cooked all the way through. Add the can of tomatoes and green chile to the chicken. In a baking pan pour a little bit of the green enchilada sauce and then a layer of the sliced potatoes. Add half of the chicken mixture on top of the potatoes and then more enchilada sauce and then cheese. Repeat with another layor of potatoes,chicken mixture, enchilada sauce, and cheese. End with another layer of potatoes, enchilada sauce, and then cheese. Bake for 1 hour and enjoy! Well let it cool off a few minutes first!

This was a great dish, although I was hoping mine would have turned out a litte more cheesey it was great. I am pretty sure I ate back all the calories I burned this morning at the spin class!!

Untill next time~!

No comments:

Post a Comment