Thursday, July 21, 2011

Left Over Turkey Meatball Soup

I think I mentioned a few post ago about trying not to waste so much food. I have this really bad habit of cooking for 6 or more people and there is only two of us eating. I set 2 goals for myslef to quit wasting and save some money: 1. make a new meal out of left overs  & 2. cook smaller portions. So far I have been doing great at both of these goals and throwing away less and less food.

From yesterday's turkey meatball dinner, http://foodloversfindings.blogspot.com/2011/07/bathing-suite-meals.html, I had 4 meatballs left over. I knew this wasn't enough to make another meal out of and didn't really feel like eating it over a salad again. So I decided to make a soup. I didn't really measure out the ingredients but here is what I did.

Left Over Turkey Meatball Soup

Ingredients:

Left over turkey meatballs
Mushrooms
Fresh baby spinach
Olive Oil
Chicken Stock
Half of a Lemon
Worcestershire Sauce

Directions:

In a pan lightly sautee the mushrooms for a few min. Add in the meatballs to reheat. Tear up the baby spinach and sautee a little longer. Pour in chicken stock, lemon juice, and a few splashes of worcestshire sauce and bring to a boil. Once spinach is wilted serve.

I also added a few sprinkles of parmesan cheese and it was delicious!

Hope you enjoy!

Untill next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment