Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Orange Lime Jalapeno Chicken

Everytime I go to the grocery store I always check out the meats in the discounted section, you never know what you will find. Lots of times I find meats I have never really cooked before and if its on sale might as well buy it. Last week I found boneless chicken thighs for a great deal, so I bought them even though I have never cooked with them before. So here is what I came up with the boneless chicken thighs, and it was a hit in our house!

Orange Lime Jalapeno Chicken

Ingredients:

1 package boneless skinless chicken thighs
Salt
Pepper
Olive oil
1 jalapeno chopped up
2 garlic clovers chopped or grated
1/2 cup orange marmalade
2 limes
1/2 cup of white wine (or chicken stock)

Preheat Oven to 375. Place chicken thighs in oven safe dish and salt and pepper the thighs.



Over med heat add a few tablespoons of olive oil to a sautee pan. Add in chopped jalapenos and garlic, cook down a few min. Add the zest of one lime to the pan and the juice of both limes. Add in wine or chicken stock and organce maramlade. Cook untill maramlade has melted down.


Pour sauce over chicken and bake for 40 min then enjoy!!


I was going to take a picture of the final product, but got a little side tracked playing with Dyaln. By the time I realized I had forgotten to take the picture there was nothing left to take a picture of. So here is a picture of the happy little chunka a monka instead.




Untill next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment