Monday, February 8, 2010

Green Chile or Red Chile?

Never before making green chile I decided that the superbowl party we were to have would be a great opportunity and fairly easy since it can be cooked in the pot crock all day or the night before. Well at the last minute we decided not to have the superbowl party but I still had the piece of pot roast. Not wanting the meat to go bad I decided to make it anyway and could use the meat through out the week. Well while throwing together what I thought was green chile it actually turned out to be red!? Although it wasn't green it was very good and we have been eating on it breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Breakfast of course was with potatoes and eggs, lunch a cheese crisp with the meat, and dinner a baked potatoe topped with the meat. Might have gone over my calorie intake today with all the carbs and cheese but trust me it was totally worth it. In the end I decided to name the chile my Green/Red Chile. Maybe I should make it for Christmas... the colors would work well lol! Like I said I am no expert at this and didn't follow a recipe so here it is Ashley's Red/Green Chile:

Ingredients:
4-5lb Beef Pot Roast
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (evoo)
Half a white onion chopped
4 Cloves of gralic peeled and smashed
2 Cans diced green chiles
Taco seasoning in the packet
1 Can beef broth
1 Can red enchilada sauce

Recipe:
Set crock pot on low and coat the bottom of the pot with olive oil. Place the beef poat roast in the pan and slit holes into the meat and stuff with the garlic. Add the onions, green chile, and then sprinkle the taco seasoning over the top. Pour the beef broth in the bottom of the pot, then pour the red enchilada sauce over the meat. Cook on low 7-8 hours, turning the roast over half way through cooking. You will know when the meat is done when it shreds with a fork.

This meat is great and stores well also. I guess it would have been green chile if I used the green enchilada sauce, but that is my favorite part of cooking throwing different ingredients into different recipes to change it up. I actually think I have never made the exact same recipe twice, well maybe the favorites and now it wont be a problem with blog!

Well untill next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment