Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Pork Spinach Enchilada Cassarole

I have had mexican food on the brain all day long today! Figuring I wouldn't be able to think of something that I could make that was low calorie and mexican food, I almost gave up. That was untill I remembered I had bought corn tortillas that were on 60 calories a piece, yes 60 calories. So I thought if I added some veggies and not as much cheese as I usually do I would be fine. Well I use this wonderful website, http://www.calorieking.com/, to track the number of calories I take in so I thought I would just put in the ingredients and see what a portion would turn out to be calorie wise, I was pretty excited when it came out 350 calories! Which was perfect for my dinner. I really love calorieking it offers so much more then calorie counting, it offers support and tons of information. I would refer anyone that was looking to lose weight to calorieking. Anyway back to the enchiladas, they turned out amazing and everyone loved them. I have lots of left overs to if anyone wants to come have some! Or just try it out yourself:

Ingredients:
1 lb boneless pork loin chops
1/2 chopped yellow onion
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
3 garlic cloves graded
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 cups fresh spinach
1 can green chile diced tomatoes
2 cans green enchilada sauce
9 corn tortillas (mine were 60 calories a piece)
3 cups shredded cheese

Recipe:

Cut the pork chops into 1 inch cubes. Place a skillet over medium heat and add extra virgin olive oil and add pork, onions, garlic,and crush red pepper. Cook untill pork is browned and cooked through, about eight minutes. Put the heat down to low and add the can of tomatoes spinach, stir until spinach wilts. In a baking dish pour a little bit of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of the pan, then add 3 tortillas on the bottom, then half of the meat mixture, then more enchilada sauce,and one cup of cheese. Repeat by adding 3 more tortillas then the rest of the ingriedents. Add the last three tortillas on top and the rest of the enchilada sauce and then the rest of the cheese. Bake about 35-40 minutes untill cheese is melted and bubbley.

There are 8 servings in this recipe and each are 350 calories.

Well hope everyone is enjoying my low calorie dishes latelt! What is your favorite low calorie dish?

No comments:

Post a Comment