Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Pancakes pancakes PANCAKES!

Why is it that when I am trying to eat good I carve the sweets. All I could think about in the middle of the night and this morning was pancakes! If I would have had pancake mix in the pantry I would have thrown the good eating out the window and made pancakes. I usually have a box of Jiffy blueberry muffin mix on hand so Madison, my stepdaughter, and I can make pancakes. We love adding extra fresh or frozen bluberries in the mix so yummy! Well I  was out of luck no pancake or muffin mix, I knew if I ate something like eggs I would be craving sweets all day. Then I remembered I had oatmeal and I know how to make a fake out pancake which I think I actually like more then regular pancakes. Here is the yummy fake-out pancake recipe:

Ingredients;
One packet instant oatmeal (I used high fiber maple/brown sugar)
2 egg whites
1 tablespoon margarin

Recipe:
Preheat a skillet to medium low heat. In a bowl mixt together oatmeal and egg whites. Add the margarin to the skillet and make sure it has coated the bottom. Add the oatmeal/egg mixture and cook untill brown on the bottom, about 3-5 minutes, and flip. The bottom side will cook faster about 2-3 minutes. Then serve.

I like to add strawberries or bannanas to the top of it. This defenitely curved my craving for pancakes!

Whats your favorite pancake recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment