Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Chicken Soup for Sick Days

I think I got it, the dread flu that has been going around the family/neighborhood. Part of my self diagnosis has to do with the fact that I am eating everything and craving sweets, this only happens when I am sick. Well low and behold the fiance comes home from work feeling sick also, so what better time to cook soup then now. I already had chicken thawed out and decided I would just throw together whatever else I had in the fridge poor some chicken stock on it and call it soup! If it was bad thats ok we probably wouldn't be able to taste it that much anyway. In the end the soup turned out great and I decided to call it Bacon Chicken Noodle Soup:

Ingredients:
3 Chicken Breast
1 Tablespoon Polutry seasoning
3 Slices of Chopped Bacon
1/2 Yellow Onion Chopped
4 Garlic Cloves Minced
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 bag frozen vegtable soup mix ( mine had carrots, peas, lima beans, onions,celery)
1 Box of chicken stock
1 Box Rotini Noodles

Recipe:
In a medium sauce pan add chicken and cover with waterand bring to a boil. Once boiling bring to a simmer for about 8-10 minutes.

While chicken is cooking in a large pot add 2 turns of the extra virgin olive oil and add the bacon. Add the onions and garlic also to cook down, about 5-7 minutes. Add the frozen vegtables and poultry seasoning to the pot and stir.

Pull the chicken out of the water, reserving the cooking water, and dice or shred the chicken. Add the diced or shredded chicken to the large pot along with the reserved cooking water. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes. After the ten minutes add the noodles along with the box of chicken stock again bring to a boil and cook untill noodles are aldente.

Then enjoy of course letting it cool down just a tad!

Well hopefully the old chicken soup will cure the sickness, its off to bed for me!

Untill next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment