Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Ultimate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is my absolute favorite food of all time: macaroni and cheese! I could live off the stuff, and I like it all ways out of a box, homemade, or from a resturant. I do have to say my all time favorite macaroni and cheese is the (Mac & Cheese)2 from the Yard House (http://www.yardhouse.com/). I can't even believe I can pick a favorite because I am so in love, yes in love with mac and cheese. This mac and cheese from the yard house has chicken, bacon, mushrooms, and truffle oil, with parmesan and  cheddar cheese that melts in your mouth and is irresistible. The Yard House offers so many different amazing foods, there scallops are to die for, but I have the hardest time not ordering the mac and cheese when I am there! So the reason mac and cheese is the subject of this blog today is because at our Daytona Nascar party today my good friend Nicki brought her mac and cheese and it was so good, simple but so tasty. I didn't get a chance to get the exact recipe, which I will and post it, but basically it was elbow macaroni cooked, tomatoe sauce, and cheese. I know she mixes the tomatoe sauce and cheese and then adds half to a baking sheet adds cheese, then adds the rest of the noodles and sauce and more cheese. The layering is the best idea ever because every bite was cheesey!

The reason I love mac and cheese so much is because of all the different ways you can make it. I love making new mac and cheese recipes, I could probably write a cookbook just on mac and cheese recipes, because you can add in different ingriedents and it is always hard to screw up something with noodles and cheese. One of my most favorite and most requested mac and cheese recipes is what I call my "Mexican Macaroni and Cheese." Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
1lb Pork Chorizo
1lb Vermicelli
1 Can Green Enchilda Sauce
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
1 Cup Frozen or Canned Corn
2 Bags Shredded Cheddar Cheese (the small bags, one big bag would work too)
2 Tablespoons Butter (cut into pads)


Recipe:
Preheat oven to 375

Brown the chorizo in a pan about med heat untill cooked through. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta untill el dente about 6 minutes. While pasta and chorizo cook rub one tablespoon butter on the bottom of an oven safe pan. In a large bowl mix the cooked pasta,corn, sour cream, enchilad sauce, chorizo, and one bag of the cheese or half of a large bag. Add the mixture to the buttered pan and top with the rest of the cheese. Add the rest of the pads of butter on top. Bake for about 35 minutes, or untill cheese is melted and bubbley!

Hope everyone has fun with macaroni and cheese. I would love to hear everyones different mac and cheese recipes!

This week we are focusing on eating a little better so it is a good thing  we got the mac and cheese fix out of the way! Thanks Nicki!

Untill next time~!

No comments:

Post a Comment