Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Kid, or I mean "men", friendly veggies!!

Tonughts dinner played out a lot different then I had planned in a kind of funny way. Tonight was the night I decided to use my new ingredient for my weekly challenge and along with the new ingredient decided to make something both my fiance and his daughter would eat and get full of off if my new ingredient did not turn out so well. ( F.Y.I. I am writing a seperate blog on the challenge ingredient of the week which ended up being  veal.) I should have made something along with last weeks brussel sprouts that I knew Dusty would have loved and ate because we pretty much ended up with meat and not so good brussel sprouts.

This week was Madison's , my soon to be stepdaughter, spring break so she has been with us all week. I was a little worried about the challenge ingredient of the week because I needed to make it kid friendly, and I am leaving for Arbonne's yearly convention on Thursday so needed to make this challenge ingredient tonight (http://www.ashleywilliams.myarbonne.com/). Of course tomorrow night is St. Patricks day and Dad is making corn beef and cabbage, of course I will let you all know how it tastes tomorrow! Anyway along with my veal recipe I decided to make tortellinis with alfredo sauce, because I knew Madison and daddy would scarf up every last bit of that if the meat did not end up so well. I knew I was going to make a salad but at the last minute decided I needed to add more veggies into the meal. So I decided to add into the tortellinis and alfredo sauce cauliflower and it was amazing!

We sat down for dinner, well Madison and I did, and she pointed out the cauliflower in the pasta and asked why did I do that..but before I could even answer she said "I know it is because daddy never eats veggies and you are hiding them from him!" WOW I thought I was hiding them from her! Needless to say they both ate their veggies tonight and here is what I did:

Ingredients:

1 package frozen cheese tortellinis
1/2 a head of cauliflower chopped
1 bottle premade alfredo sauce
1/2 cup milk (I used 1%)

Bring about a quart of salted water to a boil and add both the tortellinis and cauliflower to the boiling water. Boil for about 10-12 min, or untill tortellinis are cooked. Drain water and place both cauliflower, tortelllini, and alfredo sauce back in pot over medium heat. Add in the milk, stir, and heat through then serve!!!


I guess I now know how I can get both the kids and Daddy to eat their veggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment