Monday, March 1, 2010

Amber's Hash Brown Casserole!

What a great weekend, wedding planning on friday night bbq saturday night, and more wedding stuff sunday! And it is exactly 2 months untill the wedding and the honeymoon cruise! I think I am more excited about all of the food on the cruise then I am going on the actual cruise, just kidding, but at least I will have lots to blog about when we get back!

Anyway saturday we decided to have a bbq with a few friends and I was craving my friend Amber's Christmas potatoe casserole. I think when we lived together I would make her cook it every week for me. It is one of my many favorite comfort foods and after my first week of therapy I deserved it. I will give you the recipe although mine has been tweaked a little bit from Ambers. She probably would tell me the right way to make it, but I always ask her everytime I make it so this time I decided to wing it and it was a hit! By the end of saturday night the entire casserole accept for one serving was eaten. And trust me I ate that last serving the next morning for breakfast. Normally I do cook this for Christmas morning breakfast, but it makes an amazing side dish to any dinner. It is cheesey and creamy and has potatoes you can't go wrong!

Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
Butter (for greasing the pan)
1 package ready hashbrowns regular
1 package ready hashbrowns southwestern style
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 stick of cream cheese softened
4 cups shredded cheese (2 small bags already shredded)

Recipe:
Preheat the oven to 375. In a large bowl mix together hashbrowns, mushroom soup, cream cheese, and one cup of the shredded cheese. Place in a greased baking pan and cover with the rest of the shredded cheese on top. Bake for about 45 -60 min.

Trust me if you are looking for some good comfort food this is it! And the guys love it and always ask for me to make it, so if your trying to win him over try this recipe let me know how it goes!

Untill next time!

2 comments:

  1. So I made this for an easter party the other day, and I used green onion and chive cream cheese instead of plain. It added a perfect little twist of flavor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds really good! I made this for Easter too lol! Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete