Monday, January 11, 2010

Childhood memories

You know how that one certain food can trigger many childhood memories? Well this is what happended last night and although it was the cucmber salad that took me back to eating dinner at my grandparents house I have many foods that take me back to childhood memories. So back to the cucmber salad, this is something my grandmother would make many times when we would come over for dinner. It is so good and almost has the slight taste of dill pickles. It has a creamy dressing and the crunch of the cucmbers just make the dish complete. My mother made the salad with red onions last night which give it good flavor but I choose yo pick them out because I can't stand red onions. Anyway here is the recipe give it a shot and tell me what you think!

ingredients:
1-2 english cucmbers (you can use regular cucmbers just make sure and peel them)
1 cup sour cream
1-2 tablespoons of vinegar or red wine vinegar
fresh dill or dried dill
salt and pepper

slice the cucmbers thinly and place in serving bowl. In another bowl mix sour cream, vinegar, and chopped dill, add one tablespoon of vinegar first taste and add more if needed. Add mixture to cucmbers salt and pepper to taste and serve.

A lot of my recipes I make I usually don't measure ingredients out but here I try to give about what I think I use. Also like I said before my mom adds sliced red onions to this dish.

So what dish takes you back to childhood? I would love to hear your family's dishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment