Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday Fun Day or Lazy Day!

Today was rather a relaxing day and for dinner we decided to make stuffed bell peppers similar to the ones described in this blog ,http://foodloversfindings.blogspot.com/2010/01/time-to-cook.html. Although I switched out the green chile tomatoes with basil garlic tomatoes. I think canned tomatoes are one of the greatest food inventions you can almost add them to anything and they have great flavor. I also decided I wanted to add mushrooms into the mixture but because my fiance doesn't like mushrooms and he was the one basically cooking, I was instructing, I decided just to put a few in the bottom of my bell pepper which was yellow by the way and so yummy. By the time I am able to cook by myself again my fiance is going to know how to cook.

Well along with the stuffed bell peppers I decided to make orzo. I started playing with orzo about a year ago and absolutely love it, there are so many different things you can do with it. One of my favorite ways is cook up some orzo and add cheese to it, and of course my favorite is to add brie to it so creamy, tangy, and wonderful! Of course my fiance says I like that rice stuff, little does he know its pasta lol. So here is how we made it tonight:

Ingredients:
1/2 a bag of orzo, about 3/4 cup
1 lemon
2 cups chopped spinach
3/4 cup shredded parmasen cheese

Recipe:
Cook up the orzo in salted water about 8-10 min. Drain water and place back in hot pan, turn burner to low or off. Add spinach and cheese and stir. Zest the lemon and add the juice of the lemon. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve warm!

Whats your favorite orzo recipe?

Untill next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment