Saturday, January 9, 2010

Its been awhile...

Well needless to say my camping trip did not end as planned, although the food was great. I ended up in a roll over utv accident where I smashed my hand up pretty good and almost lost my finger. So that is why I havent posted in a few days and yes I am typing with my left hand. I am going to break down my food expriences with different posts. So today I am going to talk about green bean cassarole! Yes one of my favorite side dishes at thanksgiving and christmas, or any big dinner event! So as we plannded the big ham dinner for the new years sand dune trip I offered to bring the green bean cassarole. Getting ready to make the cassarole I realized we forgot cream of mushroom soup, well I guess plain green beans it is... well thats what I thought but my dads creative cooking came to the rescue! This was one of the best green bean cassaroles I have ever had and will be the tradition from now on. It was so savory hint of onion and mushroom and of course the green beans.

ingredients:
4 cans of green beans
1 brick of cream cheese
1/2 a stick of butter
chopped mushrooms
1/2 a cup of milk
chopped green onions
crunchy onion topping
salt and pepper

In a med sized skillet saute the butter onions and mushrooms until mushroom are cooked down. Over medium heat add the cream cheese and milk to the onions and mushrooms and melt down. While the cream cheese is melting add the green beans to a baking pan, if camping I prefer to use an aluminum throw away baking pan. Once the cream cheese is melted pour over the top of the green beans. Add the crunchy topping and bake at 375 for 30-40 mins then enjoy!

Trust me you will love this recipe! 
Untill next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment