Sunday, January 31, 2010

they won't eat it!

So I did it, made a dinner my fiancé or soon to be step daughter wouldn't eat. Although I think there were a few factors that didn't include taste in this meal. For instance I am pretty positive Madison was just copying her dad when she said “I don't like the chicken.” I used chicken thighs with the bone in for this dinner and think this was the main reason Dusty wouldn't touch it. I personally loved meal and plan to make it again minus the chicken with the bones maybe with chicken breasts or boneless pork chops. That's what is great about cooking you can subsitute ingredients and change the dish up completely. So I would recommend using boneless meat if you are going to cook this recipe for picky eaters. Here it is:


Ingredients
1lb chicken (either breasts or thighs)
1 can chicken stock
1 can full of brown rice to equal the can of chicken stock
Half a bar of cream cheese softened
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can green chile diced tomatoes
1 bag frozen brocoli
1 cup of mushrooms
Salt and pepper

Recipe
Perheat oven to 375. In a baking pan spread rice along to bottom and add in chicken stock. Place brocoli and mushrooms on top of rice and then the chicken. In a separate bowl mix together tomatoes.cream cheese, and cream of mushroom soup. Salt and pepper the chicken and then pour the mixture over the top. Bake the fish for 1 hour or untill chicken is cooked through.

My taste buds loved this dish and if my family would have been blind folded as they ate it they also would have liked the dish. Instead as I ate my dinner the two of them sat there and my loving fiancé said “well it looks good.”

Untill next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment